Girl Scout Cadettes have exciting opportunities to share their skills, passions, and experience with younger Girl Scouts! Earning the Program Aide award has 3 components: You may not take this class if you have not completed an LIA Award.
1.Step 1: The LIA award : Be ready to discuss how you earned your LIA when you come to Program Aide. This component means you have worked with a Brownie troop on one of 6 journeys available to Brownies. Be ready to discuss the journey, the number of the troop you worked with and what you did.
2. Step 2: Program Aide Core Training: Attend Program Aide Core training where you will be prepared to deliver Girl Scout program to younger girls and also be able to identify what activities are appropriate for younger girls.
3. Step 3: The final step of the Program Aide process is for Cadettes to take what they learned and apply the knowledge over 6 activity session with younger girls. This can be with a troop or independently with one girl, such as at a younger troops meeting, day camp, service unit or council event. You receive a form during Program Aide to list and get sign off on Step 2 and 3.
- This class is for: Girl Scout Cadettes who have earned the LIA award
- This is an in-person, volunteer-led class. Girls are asked to bring paper and pen/pencil and a water bottle.
- Course fee: $20 per girl.
- Estimated class time: 5 hours.
Class Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
To cancel your enrollment please send email to email@example.com. Please be sure to review the refund policy before contacting the helpline. You must enter CANCEL ENROLLMENT in the subject line
1. Notification must be received 48 hours (2 days) prior to the class, in writing, to be eligible for a refund. A 10% administrative fee will be deducted from the cost of the session.
2. Notifications received 24 hours (1 day) prior to the class will not be eligible for a refund.
Class Cancellation Disclaimer:
Please note that sessions must meet minimum registration requirements; and that all prerequisites must be completed prior to class. To find out if this course requires a pre-requisite review the description.